EAI is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience
for attendees and a successful course of the event.
EAI is committed to holding the conference in 2020 and Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given
an option to present their submission online. In case the situation prevents the event from taking place in its original location,
it will be held fully in an interactive, live online setting. Find out what EAI conference live streams look like and discover unique benefits
that online participation brings you: Learn more
Accepted Authors will be notified about the final decision regarding the conference setting before the Camera-ready deadline.
Based on the agreement that a Smart city is an urban area that integrates different types of communication protocols and electronic Internet of Things (IoT) sensors to fuse data and then, using big data mining in order to efficiently manage assets, resources and services in real time, this multidisciplinary conference aims at bringing together researchers in all fields of intelligent design and services optimization in smart cities discussing, through quality papers, all issues involved in an integral and holistic approach. The focus of this conference is in the optimization of planning, design and management of resources and services in smart cities towards maximizing sustainability, safety, efficiency in risk and disaster management as well as operational excellence.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on the following topics:
1) Architectural and Civil Engineering Aspects in the efficient Planning and Design of smart cities
2) Optimization of communication protocols and IoT systems for real time management of services in smart cities
3) Optimization of services in smart cities
4) Optimization of big data mining and data fusion methodologies for real time management
5) Distributed Systems communications and Interoperability for smart cities applications
6) Smart city infrastructure, assets and resources management systems design and optimization
7) Platforms and tools for Optimized Services Management in Smart cities
8) Intelligent Sensing for Smart Cities Management.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a Special Issue in:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)
- Wireless Networks (WINET) Journal (IF: 2.405)
All accepted authors will be eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
- MDPI Smart Cities – Open Access Journal
-subject to an additional fee
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Regular Papers: 10 – 20 pages
Short papers: 6 – 9 pages